Triple H took part in a conference call on Friday with select media members to promote NXT Takeover: Toronto, which takes place on November 19th and will air live on the WWE Network. Here are some of the highlights from the call:
– Triple H talks about having to start over with the women’s division in NXT. He said that he is excited to revamp the roster after several talents were called up to the main roster.
– When asked about Mickie James returning to the company and facing Asuka at NXT Takeover, Triple H shot down the rumors of WWE originally wanting WWE Hall of Famer Trish Straus facing Asuka at the event. He noted that the plan all along was for James to wrestle Asuka.
– Triple H praised Authors Of Pain for their drastic improvement over last two years in NXT.
– Triple H noted that he is happy that the Cruiserweight stars have their own TV program (205 Live on the WWE Network). He added that the Cruiserweights being featured on RAW is great for them but did say that the Cruiserweight style will help differentiate 205 Live from other shows. He hopes that the 205 Live show will help the cruiserweights stand out more to fans.
– Triple H said that the turnover with the roster in NXT is part of the business but noted that WWE is always scouting for new talent to keep NXT going. He said that making sure you stay in tune with what is relevant and hot is important in wrestling. He talked about the fan interaction in NXT and said that reaching out to fans via surveys gives WWE an idea of what the fans want.
– When asked about WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels being the head coach of the WWE Performance Center. Triple H said that Michaels isn’t the head coach but that Matt Blom is. Triple H said that he’s happy to have HBK there, but Bloom is doing really well. Triple H added that there are plans for Michaels to be involved with the Performance Center and it’s fluid but did note that Michaels does have other projects going on.
– When asked what he’s most proud of, Triple H said that he is proud of creating over a dozen talents and having them go from NXT to the main roster. He brought up Tye Dillinger, Ember Moon, and Billie Kay as talents on their way up to the main roster. He added that he likes NXT’s ability to get over new wrestlers.